Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...

Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...
Stories of my hunting experiences with family, friends or whatever else I want to blog about.

A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Article by Fred Messina, editor of "On Target Outdoors" from The Vicksburg Evening Post on Friday, January 19, 1990. Photo by Bob Phillips.

Bob Phillips came up the other day with a photo of his wife Marian and a deer she got on Brown's Point New Years Eve. The deer was an 8-point with 16 inches of inside spread that weighed in at 190 pounds. A nice trophy in anyone's book. However, the tale Bob told is that this was Marian's fourth deer this year and he claimed that he would have done better than he did if he had not spent so much time hauling Marian's deer out of the woods. Come off it, Bob. We all know who the hunter was.

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Happy 6th Blogoversary To Me!

Today is my 6th Blogoversary! Hip Hip Hooray!

I want to thank everyone for visiting my site, recommending it to others, tweeting, re-tweeting, liking and making comments.  I have met a lot of good people along the way and hope to be around for another 6 years or more of blogging.

It all started when I found out, talking to my next door neighbor, that she had a blog and started reading hers. So one day I thought it would be cool to have my very own.  Since I enjoy the sport of deer hunting, I decided to use that as my platform to blog about.  Below is my very first post -


TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 07, 2006


This is my first time to do this and just feeling my way through it all....my neighbor next door has a blog here and I enjoy reading her stuff....so....I thought I would start me one. I like to deer hunt so I thought I would blog my hunting adventures....
As time would have it...I lost interest after 4 posts.  I was fortunate to have a nice guy to come by my site, by way of a forum, who took the time to sign my guestbook at my former website, A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter, now a blog.  (I always sent a message of thanks to anyone who signed it).  I found out that he was also a Mississippian and later on through his emails/calls he encouraged me to continue to write about my hunting experiences.  After 6 years we are still friends and my mentor.  His name is Rex Howell,  a.k.a., Editor, over at Deer Camp Blog. If it was not for him, I don't think I would be here today celebrating my 6th Blogoversary!  I will be forever grateful for your support and friendship Rex!

4 comments:

Tim Smith said...

Congrats my friend and yes I too hope you have many more years of blogging. My blog is: 20feetupatree.blogspot...I also have two fb hunting pages "20 Feet Up A Tree" and "Long Days Looking for Long beards" have a great 6th anniversary!

Marian Love Phillips said...

Thanks Tim...I appreciate that! I did not know you had a blog...will check it out and put a link to it on my blog. :)

CDGardens said...

I am late in congratulating you on your Blogaversary my Mississippi friend.

Looking forward to many more years of reading your posts.

Congratulations Marian! :)

Marian Love Phillips said...

Thank you so much CDGardens for your friendship and support. I hope I'm around for 6 more years or so. Thanks for coming by to see me...missing you on fb.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...