A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Daughter and I Went Hunting In Claiborne County

A shadow of me in a one-man stand.

At least I saw three nice does out of this one-man stand. They came in to the upper right hand corner in a clearing and knew I was in trouble when I saw the second one stomp and another doe was coming up behind it. The first one was closest to  me but they all knew something was up by then. I had the closest one in my sites and only had the back half of it's body...so of course was not a good shot and was hoping it would move out away from the tree but one of them blew and they all took off! That was at around 8:45 this morning. It was so nice to at least see a deer and be in our great wild outdoors! My daughter had no luck at all...but next time hopefully we will both get one!

Afternoon hunt and nothing came out!

Patiently waiting on a deer!

Woods were beautiful!

...so was the moon.  Deer will eat good tonight with low in the 20's!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...