A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, December 17, 2007

A Film Documentary

Cathryne and I before she left to fly back to New York, New York.

Cathryne on the deer stand filming me hunting at Jasper Bottom Hunting Club.
(An 11-point buck was harvested yesterday on the opposite side of field)

Bob and Cathryne at the Senior Center/Some Place Special Christmas Dance

(Cathryne filmed me dancing - one of my hobbies)

This weekend was an incredible one for me!

Producer, Cathryne Czubek, came to my hometown of Vicksburg, MS, to film me in my home and hunting environment. She is from New York, New York, and she came across my post recently on Kim Hiss's/FS Huntress blog. Kim is a friend of hers and has participated several times in her documentary on women and guns, a project she began in 2001.

She wanted to speak with me about my experience with hunting and my interest in sharing my story for a project. She looked at my website and blog and was very interested in my passion and involvement with firearms and hunting, and how I decided to share that (in the blog and website) with the female hunting community.

It was a wonderful experience that I shall never forget. I want to thank my mentor Rex over at Deer Camp Blog for the link to FShuntress blog, his support, encouragement and friendship; to my husband Bob (my hunting buddy), who took the time to teach me the skills of hunting in a sport that is mostly dominated by men; to Cathryne Czubek, who is exploring the passions of women and firearms through her film projects. This undoubtedly is a sweetthing!

9 comments:

JDP said...

Wow, I am impressed.

JDP

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks jdp...I feel honored to have been chosen. Thanks for coming by my friend.

Editor said...

we will slap it in the DVD player and watch it when we get together in the spring.

Marian Ann Love said...

Sounds great Rex...thanks my friend!

SimplyOutdoors said...

That is very cool. You could charge for autographs now:)

I think the whole project sounds very, very cool.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks so much for the kind words simplyoutdoors...appreciate you coming by to visit. :)

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome Marian. I think you will be a great representative for women who hunt. When will the documentary be available?

By the way, you and Bob look very nice in your pictures. Can't wait to see you on film.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks kristine...it should be available sometime within the new year. Appreciate your visit.

Bright Idea Outdoors said...

I can't wait to see the show!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...