A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, October 17, 2014

Goodbye Flop Ear

My Facebook hog hunting friend, Kareen Beinhauer, of  Alpine, TX, first saw flop ear on her cam a year or so ago and thought she would never get this big old nasty hog but that all change the other day.  She got her new blind set-up, sprayed with dirt scent, corn/deer feed out, game card in camera and used her new solar light.

Flop Ear split ear.

Flop Ear a-hanging!

Kareen used dirt scent spray from (3D Hunting Supply) and said she would never use anything else.

Hog (aka Flop Ear) weighing in at 218 lbs.

Kareen's story in her own words. - I was out by 9:40 p.m. and I was totally amazed by the green solar light.  It lit up the alfalfa field so well. Before, I needed binoculars to really see the hogs but I don't need them anymore because I could see very clearly.  All that came in was the coons but I finally saw them looking and then they ran off.  Sure enough I could see about 10 hogs coming in and then they were there. The light showed that there was one hog hanging back for about 30 seconds.  It was Flop Ear!  He came in and was not eating but standing there.  Perfect broadside shot so I took the shot. I thought he had run down in the creek.  I was kind of looking around for a blood trail and them my flashlight went out so I left. My husband and I went the next morning to look for him and saw him outside of the alfalfa field to the east.  He had run about 80 yards or so and collapsed and died.  There will be others to take his place but it took me about one and one-half years to get him and I actually never thought I would.  Patience and perserverance finally paid off.  Kind of sad to see him gone, I have to say.  He was a beautiful hog. The legend Flop Ear is dead.  RIP, you were a worthy opponent!  

My congrats to Kareen for another hog kill in our great wild outdoors!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...