A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pix of Wildlife In The Park

The picture above was taken by my Facebook friend, Marty Kittrell, of Vicksburg, MS.  Marty is a great photographer and has seen and photograph deer in our Vicksburg National Military Park. He even gave me a print of a deer standing by a cannon in the park at the Old Court House Flea Market a few years ago.  


I have yet to see a deer in our National Military Park and have lived here all my life and walked for years in the park.  I have seen turkey's there and did not have my camera with me at the time.  A big mistake! There are also hogs in the park but have never seen one but was a big write-up in the paper a couple of years ago.  Click here to read the article on the hogs.  

Lucky are the wildlife that live in our great wild outdoors in the park that is protected by the hallowed grounds where many fought and died in the Siege of Vicksburg during the Civil War.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...