A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, January 18, 2019

MS River Above Flood Stage & NS Train #9622

Yesterday afternoon on my way home, I went by the Mississippi Welcome Center to take pictures of the Mighty Mississippi River at my hometown of Vicksburg, MS.  The river level is 44.13 feet and rose 0.21 foot.  Flood stage is 43 feet.  

While there taking pictures a gentleman stopped to talk to me and said he was a retired towboat captain and was passing through going to a funeral in Louisiana.  I enjoyed talking to him and we had a nice visit.  

I love the U.S. Flag on top of the old Hwy 80 bridge.  

I happened to see lights from a train coming from Louisiana heading to Mississippi and made my way over to the top of the tunnel.  While standing there a couple from Mexico was taking pictures.  I struck up a conversation with them and said that a train was coming and he will blow his horn if we wave.  They were excited about that and said a family member worked for a railroad. 

Getting closer and closer.

We all waved at the engineer and he then blew his horn back at us!  Welcome to Mississippi!  

The Northfolk Southern Train #9622 getting ready to pass through the tunnel that runs under the street.  So glad I made the trip to the welcome center and met some nice people and got whistled at!   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...