A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Weekend Hunts @ The Famous Christmas Place

I was invited by my hunting friend/mentor, Rex Howell, a.k.a. Editor of The Bodock Times (Deer Camp Blog) to come up and hunt at his family camp for the weekend.  I met Rex back in May of 2007 and have been fortunate to hunt there every year since.  His hunting ground is so magical and I have seen so many deer, turkeys, wild hogs and a bobcat.  Every deer stand has a name and I was first put on the Game Warden Stand Friday afternoon which is right next to the station at the Hillside National Wildlife Refuge in Holmes County.  Their hunting property backs up to it.  I am now hunting under the stands since I'm having problems climbing and is much safer for me at my age.  I enjoy every hunt even though I may or may not see anything but I did hear a deer blow and some pigs squealing.  I will be posting pictures I took from my three hunts at the famous Christmas Place Plantation Hunting Club on the edge of the Mississippi Delta over this past weekend.  

Just got set up for the hunt while Rex is headed to the North Cornfield Stand.  

Waiting for a deer or hog!

Standing up as the sun is slowly going down and seeing the shadow of the deer stand.

Looking behind the Game Warden Stand which was his Dad, Herchel's stand.

A beautiful sunset in the woods!

My hunting buddies, Rex Howell and Mark Stewart.  

To be continued...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...