A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Weekend Hunts @ The Christmas Place, Cont...

All the hunter's got up early Saturday morning to hunt but a front came through about the time to leave out.  We had to wait it out and finally got an afternoon hunt in.  Rex took me to the Bird Point Stand which was next to the Arrowhead Stand where Tim went hunting.  I have never hunted this area before and was looking forward to it.  In the picture above Rex was getting ready to leave and told me I could shoot a buck but had to have 4 points on one side.  

This was my view from the stand and 100 yards to the left a doe came out at 5:00.  I was standing up at the time and had my rifle on the rung of the ladder and was able to scope and shoot.  Her hind legs kicked up and waited about 10 mins and found only hair and no blood. I tagged the area and walked out to the road and waited for Tim to come out.  He said when I shot he thought his gun had gone off!  (The stands are at a different angle so there was no danger just close)  I told him I had tagged where the deer came/went and said for me to wait for Rex.  We went back to the field and Tim found a blood trail but the deer went down a big ravine.  Rex and Tim found my deer and pulled it out while I stood with the flashlight to show the way back up.  I hated that it went down in a deep dark hole and with all the rain it was difficult for them to get it out but finally succeeded.  Got back to the camp and received congratulations from my hunting buddies and took pictures.  Don, another hunter had also killed a doe.    


To the left back side of the stand.

Looking up under the Bird Point Stand.

120lb. doe was taken with my .270 Ruger!

Rex and I with my doe!  Thanks, Rex!

To be continued...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...