A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Friday Afternoon Hunt @ Famous Christmas Place


I got to the famous Christmas Place Hunting Club off of Christmas Road around 3:00.  Three hunters were in the woods already and the only hunter at the camp was Barney.  I got all my hunting gear into the bunk room and waited on Rex (Deer Camp Blog) to get there.  He arrived about an hour later.  Barney and Rex decided to go down to the Privy Stand to hunt and it was a good distance away so I decided to go across the road to the Pond Stand behind the storage hanger.  We only had about an hour and a half of daylight left. 


Rex and Barney walked down Christmas Road and went to the Privy Stand into the woods on the far left.  


I took this picture of the pond before I got to the deer stand.


The floor of the woods looked camouflaged.  While continuing my walk to the stand I heard a big splash in the water and guess what was at the stand before I got there?  Two deer.  They dashed across the water to the other side and out of sight.


I saw where the Pond Stand that had a ramp with a long opened stand and long seating area had deteriorated.  So I decided to stand by this camouflaged tree to hunt. 


Another picture of the pond with the shadows of the trees on the opposite side of the pond.


A beautiful sunset was happening.


While walking back I took this picture of the camp house lit up.


150 lb. Deer


Stewart Allen of Gulfport, MS, got a 150lb. doe.  He said when he shot her she fell backward.  My congratulations to Stewart in our great wild and wonderful Mississippi outdoors!  That is one big doe!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...