A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Saturday Morning Hunt @ Famous Christmas Place


Rex took me to my stand before daylight and put me on the T-Field Stand.  I have never been to this stand before and I set up under the ladder and waited.  Below is a video that I took before sunrise of the duck hunters shooting which woke up the turkeys and the forest.  



I took a picture under the T-Field Stand.


It was nice to see the sun finally peaking through the woods!


To the left of me at 9:05 a doe came up from behind at 25 yards and blew at me.  I could only see half of her body but she kept blowing at me and finally took off with her tail in the air.  


Another picture was taken under the stand after the sun came up.


You can barely see my shadow on the ground of a real nice field where nothing came out.


While waiting on Rex to come and get me around 10:00, I took another picture of the T-Field Stand.


Looking down the road where Rex will be coming to pick me up.  


I'm on the road looking back taking another picture of the T-Field when Mark and Rex showed up.  Mark had hunted the Cheeseburger Stand and Rex hunted the Spike Camp Stand and we were all close together and heard the shootings of the duck hunters and turkeys gobbling.  I could not ride the gator back with Rex because of a flat tire, so I rode the 4-wheeler back with Mark and Rex limped back to the deer camp. 

To be continued...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...