A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, January 06, 2020

Hunting With Family Yesterday


After being in the hospital in November and finally getting my strength back, then my vehicle being vandalized in December, I finally got to the woods for the 2019/2020 deer season.  Above is a picture of my Great Grandson, Ian, before we headed into the woods to hunt.  He is trying to get his first deer this season!  Yesterday, he shot at a deer but missed and the scope hit his head.


A new deer stand that Grandson-in-law Jamie and Ian built recently but only has a metal ladder for now.  Going to build a staircase with a rail to get up into for next season.


Grandaughter Victoria wanted to take a picture of me before we started hunting.  She hunted down from me.  


Looking behind me in the direction that Victoria went.  


Looking towards the front where the deer crossed over.


This is what I see from inside the pop-up tent.


There is a deer standing there as the sun was in my eyes.  The deer came from the left and crossed the road and stood there and went back to the left with its tail up!  Must have seen me move.   A few minutes later a young hunter shot and killed a small doe while hunting with his Dad not far from me. 


As the sun was setting I could see a lot better.  


I'm out of the tent around 5:00 and just hunted behind it.  Nothing came out.  Finally, Victoria came and picked me up. 


It's getting darker by the minute and waiting on Victoria and...


...took a picture of the moon. 

3 comments:

jody said...

Awesome, Marian! What little "hunting" I did, my older brother, then my son took me along. I finally killed some exotics out in SW Texas, but never a white tail. Like you, most the the deer I've seen had their flags up!

Gorges Smythe said...

It's always good to be with family.

Anonymous said...

Hi there everyone, it's my first pay a quick visit at this website, and post is in fact fruitful
in favor of me, keep up posting these types of content.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...