A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, September 04, 2020

AMAZING HEAD SHOT: Texas Hog Bowhunt


Have you ever wondered what to do if a wounded hog is about to charge and all you have is a bow? Should you take a headshot? Check it out!

I killed a 180lb. sow while it was eating in an open field. I was in a deer stand called the Taj Mahal and was deer hunting when I turned around and saw about 12-15 hogs. There were three big hogs and I put my .270 on her head while eating and dropped her in her tracks and put another round in and shot another hog running. It was an awesome hunt at the famous Christmas Place Plantation and Hunting Club in the MS Delta that I will never forget. Brought it home and had it processed and ate off of it for a year. Nothing like hunting in our great wild Mississippi outdoors!

2 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Good shot (thankfully).

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this
post was great. I do not know who you are but certainly you're going to a famous blogger if
you aren't already ;) Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...