A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, September 28, 2020

Kareen's Lucky #13 Hog

My Facebook friend Kareen of Alpine, Texas got hog #13 over the weekend. Here is the story of her kill in her own words.

I was out by 7:55 p.m. Some deer were there but ran off when I walked up. Then some javelinas came in and a short while later they all ran off. I looked to my right and could see a boar coming in from the other pasture since there is enough moonlight to see. He flitted around but would never settle down and ran off. I told myself that some other hog could come in so I waited. Sure enough, a short time later I could see the shadow of a hog. He finally came in and I really wanted to shoot him in the lungs but he presented a headshot so that is what I took. Down he went but he was still breathing although I knew he would not get back up. I waited a few minutes and then put one point-blank in his head and he did his death dance and was done. He was a neat looking hog, had some light coloring underneath. That makes 13 for the year and 183 in total. Awesome! I shot him at 8:45 p.m.




My congratulations to Kareen on lucky #13 in great wild Texas outdoors!

1 comment:

Gorges Smythe said...

Congrats to Kareen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...