A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, September 14, 2020

Twelve Hogs and Counting For Kareen

My Facebook friend, Kareen Beinhauer who just shot Hog #182 and 12th for the year so far.  Here is her story in her own words from the Hog Queen herself of Alpine, Texas! 

I'm back in from sitting out and I figured I wouldn’t see anything. The usual javelinas came in but all of a sudden they ran off. A few seconds later a boar wandered in so I slowly put my earplugs in and took my safety off. I thought about taking a lung shot but he offered me a perfect headshot which I took and he went down. 182 total, 12th for the year which I didn't think I would even get to, Yay!



I went to drag that hog off and took my measuring tape with me because on a hog hunting page somebody posted a picture of a chart. You measure the hog right behind the front legs and run your tape around the hog. The measurement will tell you how much they weigh within ten pounds. Before I measured I guessed he weighed about 250 and sure enough, he measured 45 inches which is 250. What a handy thing to have and now I will know how much they weigh without Roy having to bring the backhoe over.


My congratulation to the Kareen on her 12th hog for the year with a total of 182 in our great wild and wonderful Texas outdoors! I'm so proud of you!

1 comment:

Gorges Smythe said...

Congrats to Kareen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...