A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Missing My Blogging/Hunting Friend


It's still hard to believe that my blogging/hunting friend, Rex Dean Howell, has passed away.  He was only 62 years old and died on January 31, 2021, the last day of hunting season in Mississippi.  His Deer Camp Blog (a satirical periodical) is silent now but I can go back reliving all his stories and memories at the famous Christmas Place Plantation Hunting Club on the edge of the Mississippi Delta. 

The picture above was taken most likely in September during a work weekend and had taken time to relax and enjoy the moment.  This is one of my favorite pictures with Rex.  Just before this picture was taken, Rex put the t-shirt on that was given to us by my former stepdaughter, Karen, and hubby, Ron, co-owner of Artisans in Santa Fe, NM.  He was pleased to get it and of course, had to get a picture of him wearing it.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...