A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, February 03, 2021

We Will Go To Camp

Last weekend my dad (Mark) and I (John) took Carson to his hunting camp (Christmas Place Plantation & Hunting Club). The whole way down there we talked about Rex (my hunting friend of Deer Camp Blog) and all the great times that we have had. While putting our things up after we arrived, dad looked over to the corner of the room. All of Rex’s hunting gear was stacked there just as he left it. Dad paused for a minute and then he said something that I will never forget. He said after Mrs. Peggy died everyone asked where we will go. Rex said we will go to camp. After Mr. Hershel died everyone asked where will we go. Rex said that we will go to camp. That is where he is right now. He is at camp with Mr. Hershel, Mrs. Peggy, Mr. Bobby, and all the other members that have gone before us. They are sitting around the council fire. I pray that when we all leave this earth that we too get to go to camp.

John with his son Carson's nice buck!

Rex, myself, and Rex's best friend, Mark Stewart.

In memory of Rex Dean Howell
being laid to rest today
I will miss my hunting friend terribly.
To be continued...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...