A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, February 19, 2021

Winter Weather Finally Melting Away

We have had a whole week of sleet, ice, and snow.  Lights went out, water at a dribble but we are still here.  Lights back on. Stores are out of the basic needs.  Eighteen-wheelers bumper to bumper on I-20 west here in my hometown of Vicksburg that can't get to stores to deliver the goods.  Gas stations are out of gas.  A complete nightmare but conditions will be improving in the next day or so and temps will be back up in the '60s.  I haven't seen weather like this since '89 when I re-married in '88 and living in my second husband's home.  Here are a couple of pictures that were taken from my apartment on the 3rd floor of a tree that was iced over in front of my window.   


A day or two before the sun finally came out.


Glistening like diamonds with the sun shining on it this morning.


Yesterday, my Granddaughter Victoria Leigh sent me this picture on my phone and said she is ready for the Olympics and a pro skier now.  Way to go, Victoria!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...