A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, June 05, 2011

Fun Photo Shots

It was a busy weekend for me attending a wine and cheese reception Friday evening followed by our 37th Biennial Convention of Pi Alpha Kappa Sorority on Saturday which ended mid-afternoon.  At 6:00, I attended a beautiful wedding at the B B Club, formally B'nai B'rith Literary Association, a Jewish Social Club, of Jessica and Scott Morris.  Jessica's Dad was my former boss in the Environmental Laboratory, Waterways Experiment Station, (ERDC), Corps of Engineers. The wedding was held in the Grand Ballroom and was great to see my former boss again and his wife, family and also former employees that I had worked with.  As I was leaving, a security guard stopped me at the doorway and asked me had I had my photo taken yet and said no and showed me the way to the Parlor.  I had noticed a table full of funny hats and a booth earlier downstairs while waiting for the ballroom to be turned back into the reception room, but did not know what it was all about.  The newlyweds had arranged for everyone to have their pictures taken with you getting a copy and a copy for then with your good wishes.  I decided to put on this cute pink feathered throw and had four pictures taken.  That was fun and different!  As I was leaving the club someone whistled at me and I smiled and thought...well, I must look pretty good to someone! At my age, it's not everyday you get whistled at!  While walking towards our GMC Sierra truck, I heard it again and again as people were leaving.  So the newlyweds were still enjoying you being there and being a part of their wonderful wedding day memories!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...