A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Remembering My Dad on Father's Day

My Dad, Marion Edward Love, Sr., is not with me today...but lives deep in my heart. I truly miss him everyday of my life.  He only lived about two weeks after my husband-to-be, Bob, took this picture of us at the house I was raised in.  I will be forever thankful for this last photo of us together before he went to his heavenly reward!  He was born June 12, 1916, in New Orleans, Louisiana and met Our Dear Lord on November 6, 1987, after suffering a heart attack while hitting a bridge abutment over I-20, at Wisconsin Avenue.  I will never forget that terrible day when I received a call from my brother-in-law, Chris, telling me the shocking news.  I miss and love you so much Daddy!  We will meet again one day and be together forever!

2 comments:

Blessed said...

I'm so glad I still have my Daddy with me... 2000 miles away, but still with me :)

That is a great picture of you and your Dad.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks Blessed for coming by and I appreciate your kind words about my Dad and I.

Your Dad may be 2000 miles away but you are so lucky to be able to call or visit him. You are truly Blessed! I hope he had a fantastic Father's Day celebration.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...