A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

The Blog Frog Award

blog_frog
Yesterday, I received an email from, Tracy Myers, informing me that my blog had been featured on Guide to Online School's list of the best hunting blogs found. They hand-picked a list of their favorites and outlined the unique reasons why.  I was picked as No. 1 out of 50 hunting blogs!  What an honor and I will proudly display my Blog Frog Award badge on my site!  Below is what they had to say about me.  


Marian Hunting Stories:  Who ever said that hunting was only for the young? The young at heart often boast additional wisdom and bravado as weapons in their arsenal, as is exampled by this 70-year-young blogger. Marian and her three generations of family have been hunting for nearly three decades, and this site commemorates their most successful ventures. Marian's site serves as a great example of a blog that melds the personal with a focus on the great hunt.
  • Why We Love It: A 70something matriarch leads her family and leads the way to the game on this charismatic site.
  • Favorite Post: Vicksburg Youth

Again, I'm deeply grateful for this award and had it not been for my mentor, Rex Howell of Deer Camp Blog, encouraging me to continue my blogging over 4-1/2 years ago, I would not be here today.  I want to thank my husband, Bob, who took the time to teach me the art of hunting in my mid-forties while we were dating, to shoot a handgun, rifle, muzzle loader, shotgun and a bow.  I also want to congratulate the other hunting bloggers nominated to the Top 50, because most of them have travel with me on a journey as hunters in our great wild outdoors!.

7 comments:

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks DeanO! :)

Arlene said...

love your blob

Jeff Ervin said...

Congratulations, Marion! You have a very nice site!

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks Arlene and Jeff! I appreciate your comments! :)

Rabid Outdoorsman said...

Congrats! I have always liked your site, the honor is very deserving!

Editor said...

congratulations on your wonderful award. You truly deserve it because you always go after your way to encourage every person that comes across yur site, you always respond to comments (unlike me) and you always stay so upbeat even when things are not going so well.
A very well deserved award for a tremendous person.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thank you Rabid Outdoors for your compliment. I appreciate it so much! :)

Editor, I appreciate you for who you are and I'm so fortunate and thankful to have you in my life as a wonderful friend and mentor. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...