A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, June 06, 2011

Rail Blogging @ Oil-Electric.com

During the Great Flood of 2011 here in Vicksburg, I was contacted back in May by Robert McDonald of Port Townsend, Washington, who wanted to use my photo showing the old train depot station.  I gave him permission and he was just as upset as I was of our 1906 historic Yazoo & Mississippi Valley Railroad Station going underwater and why it was not protected. The depot museum was being renovated at the time with a 1.6 million dollar grant before the floods came.  It was a blessing in disguise that the artifacts were stored in another location.  I wanted to give Robert a shout-out since he gave me one when he posted about the Depot on May 23.  Check out his blog at www.oil-electric.com because it is very interesting while detailing rails to waterways to boats, etc.

 Yazoo & Mississippi Valley RR Station

1 comment:

Isabel Fernandes said...

That’s great! Just pumped up. You always give your best!

Super useful and awesome information here. I thank you! Thank you very much!
Have a look at our article if you want.
-

Thanks again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...