A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Awesome Artwork By Bill Worrell


This is a shout-out for my Facebook friend, Bill Worrell.  I met Bill in Santa Fe, New Mexico through my former daughter and son-in-law back in September 2007 at their home outside Santa Fe.  Happy to say I even danced with him during a celebration of renewing their wedding vows of 10 years.  I have also been to his art studio in Santa Fe.  I have blogged about him several times and this is one of the links.  I love his artwork and I'm so glad I got to meet him.  He is a very humble man!

While ancient Egyptian workers were building the first pyramid, primitive people across the ocean were living in rock shelters along the Lower Pecos River and the Middle Rio Grand River. They had already lived in these shelters for 6,000 years. When Moses crossed the Red Sea and led the Israelites out of Egyptian bondage some of the Lower Pecos River pictographs were already 200 years old. The most famous of the Trans Pecos pictographs is the White Shaman Mural. It was painted about the time Jesus was being crucified. The Trans-Pecos pictographs are the oldest known pictorial art in North America and are considered to be among the world’s most important ancient art. Since 1979 this has been the primary source of my artistic inspiration.
Mixed media on Arches 300 lb. cold-pressed paper. 17 X 22 inches
“A Transcendence of Time”
For scholarly information visit or Google shumla.org Seminole Canyon the White Shaman Mile Canyon near Langtry, Texas Bonfire Shelter "The White Shaman Mural" - book by Dr. Carolyn Boyd.  ~Bill Worrell

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...