A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, January 12, 2009

Deerless

One of 5 vehicles leaving the camp.

Looking down in front of my stand and saw that I need to get this small tree cut down before next season. I only hunted twice at my camp this season. Bob joined a new camp this past summer and had been hunting with him most of the season.


I went deer hunting at Jasper Bottom Hunting Club in Claiborne County yesterday evening. When I got there all the hunters were in the woods. My stand is right on the main road and your hunt can be disrupted at any time. What I thought was really odd was only three hunters had signed in and 5 vehicles were at the camp house. At about 4:00 p.m. I had all 5 vehicles to leave the camp. I hunted until 5:35 and walked back to the camp to sign out. I also noticed no one had signed out. Whatever! I locked up the camp house and headed home without a deer. Will try again next weekend and that will be the end of the rifle season. Muzzle load will go until the end of January, but I will not muzzle load this year. Time is slowly running out. Hopefully, will get a deer this weekend. This could be my DEERLESS season....a first!

3 comments:

JDP said...

I hope you can get a deer Marian!

JDP

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks jdp...I hope so too! :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you get a big one. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...