A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Hog Wild Weekend!

Mark's 200 pound wild boar.

A picture of Rex and I at the famous Christmas Place Plantation and Hunting Club with one of three boars that was harvested last Saturday. This particular one weighed 200 lbs., and was shot by Mark Stewart, the mailrider. He also harvested another hog and a doe. It was absolutely a hog wild weekend! I told Rex that I was interested in trying to harvest a hog myself. We have made plans for me to come back in the spring and get on the Privy Stand, since they have been tearing up the ground over in that area. Jeff over at LowCountry Hunting and The Hog Blog are two sites that I will be checking out to learn more about wild hog hunting in our great outdoors. Charming, Just Charming!

7 comments:

CDGardens said...

That sounds like an absolutely great plan for the Spring.

Marian Ann Love said...

Sure does...never thought I would get so excited over a hog! You never know.... :)

GUYK said...

when it comes to eating I had rather have the hawg than the deer...especially a young sow

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great hunt over at the Christmas place, and those are some great pictures you took while there. I especially loved the bobcat photo since I know how hard they are to capture on film in the wild.
Thanks also for the link!

Marian Ann Love said...

I have had both GuyK and you are right..hogs are good eatin. :)

Thanks Jeff - The Christmas Place is a great place to hang out and have fun. Great people. Glad you liked my Bobcat...I thought it was a pretty cool shot myself. Was more than happy to give you a plug my friend. :)

SimplyOutdoors said...

Thanks for the link.

I wish we had a few more hogs to hunt around here. Well, sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. They can be so destructive.

I'm always glad to see fellow bloggers and hunter doing their part to keep the population under control.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks for coming by simplyoutdoors. Yes, they can be very destructive but they are good to eat. Looking forward to trying to harvest me one at Rex's place. That would be awesome! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...