A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, January 19, 2009

A Bobcat and a Spike!

Right view from The Privy Stand.

Front view of The Privy Stand where the spike walked out at the far edge of the green field. He came out from the right side and walked towards the wooded area to the left.

I took this picture after I got out of the stand to walk back to the camp.
Rex put me on a stand called, The Privy Stand, early yesterday morning and saw on spike walk out at 6:55 a.m. in the far front end off the green. It was just a beautiful cold morning to see the woods come alive and the fog to lift. The shadow of this stand was taken around 8:30. I hunted until 9:15 and walked back to the camp which was not far away. I was hoping to also see a wild boar and try to harvest one since they have been seen routing around in this area. I would like to get on this stand one day and go wild boar hog hunting. We had a great weekend where one hunter bagged two boars and another hunter bagged one. Check out Rex at Deer Camp Blog for more great stories of a wild weekend hunt.

As always, Bob and I had a wonderful time at the famous Christmas Place Plantation and Hunting Club this past weekend. I was able to get back on the Arrowhead (tripod) Stand, the same stand that I took a picture of a yearling suckling during a Youth Weekend Hunt. I have never seen a Bobcat in the woods and was surprised to see one walk out. At first, I thought it may be a yearling, but as it walked towards me I saw that it was a cat! I reached for my camera out of my hunting pack and was fortunate to take this one picture. He just stopped and looked at me. My camera did not flash, but as soon as I took it, he turned around and ran back in the same direction he came from. Unfortunately, I did not see a deer but was so excited about getting a picture of one of God's creatures in our great wild outdoors!

8 comments:

Editor said...

that is a great picture!

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks Editor! A fun and exciting weekend.... :)

CDGardens said...

It is a very nice picture and account of your experience. ;)

"his-self" said...

That's great!...Not only the picture but being able to see one in the wild....I have never, but sure would like to.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks cdgardens and his-self. I'm glad to share it with you...maybe one day you will see one too. I just got lucky!

Anonymous said...

Very good photos. I have never seen a cat up close in the wild. At least not that I know of. They may have seen me!

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks Mel. The Christmas Place is a beautiful hunting ground.

I have recently seen a dead one but not a live one. Glad you came by and made a comment.

JDP said...

Great picture Marian!

JDP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...