A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, January 30, 2009

A Picture of Love

Can birds have "feelings" of love and compassion?

Here his wife is injured and the conditions are very appalling.

Here he brings her food and attends to her with love and compassion.

He brings her food but realize that she has died after he tries to move her.

He cries with adoring love.

He stands beside her and screams, saddened of her death.

Finally he becomes aware that she will not return to him and stands beside her body in deep sorrow.

These photographs, taken in the Ukraine, shows how a bird tries desperately to save his partner. When these pictures were printed in a newspaper, millions were touched. The photographer sold these pictures for a nominal price to a popular newspaper in France and all copies were sold out. Love is not finding someone to live with; it's finding someone you can't live without ~ Rafael Ortiz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having grown up with animals from day one, it's stories like these that leave me wondering how a person can see this . . . and then proceed to hunt or harm animals and disrupt their social connections. I've seen wild animals mourn mates or young lost to accidents or human action. It's the most heartbreaking thing I've ever witnessed, short of witnessing people lose their own mates. And it's difficult for me to grasp how those of you who do kill animals for sport, can ignore stories like this very beautiful one you post here. I appreciate the story very much. I believe you must be a caring person to appreciate this the way you do. At the same time, I don't comprehend the psychological boundary you erect between these two birds, for instance, and other wild animals. They all exhibit emotions, loss, and grief. Trust me. (Well, not that you have any reason to trust me.)

Marian Ann Love said...

"I have always tempered my killings with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever know. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and the sure knowledge that nature's way of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are far crueler than death's swift arrow." ~ Fred Bear

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...