A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

One Last Hunt

A view from my deer stand yesterday.

Bob and I went to our hunting camp, Hwy 61N Hunting Club, to hunt yesterday afternoon. It was really cold and windy. Their were three other hunters in the woods beside ourselves. No one harvested a deer. The rifle season will end tomorrow and primitive weapons will pick up until the end of this month. Most likely we will not muzzle load this season. This is the first time that either one of us had not harvested a deer in the years we have been hunting. Sunday afternoon we received a call from, Greg (my step-son), that he had harvested two deer over the weekend and wanted to give us one. Before we left the Christmas Place Plantation and Hunting Club, Rex gave us some deer meat as well as Mark Stewart (mailrider) some hog meat. My daughter, Kathy, was given a deer and she offered to share half of it with us. We are so very fortunate, blessed and thankful for the kindness of our family and dear friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last hunt is always kind of depressing to me for some reason. I guess just knowing the season is over.

CDGardens said...

I too am thankful for the success of others. My mentor gave us some deer meat for Christmas.

Guess, it's time to start planning for the next deer season. ;)

Marian Ann Love said...

I know one thing I will be doing before hunting season starts again and that's taking my .22 rifle and practicing a lot. It has no scope on it but iron sites and see how I do. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...