A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hurry Uppppppppp!!!!!

This was one of those days that you would do one of the craziest things in your life on a dare. On this particular day, Bob and I and some friends of ours went to the Jasper Bottom Deer Camp in Claiborne County, about 35 minutes from the house, to ride around and just hang out in the great outdoors. As we were making our way through the woods towards the Big Black River, we decided to stop for a minute and take a break. A rattlesnake suddenly appeared and crawled under Bob's 3-wheeler. Bob pulled out his .44 mag from his holster and blew his head off. As we were standing around talking about the rattlesnake, Bob convinced me to pose with it around my neck. Well, I had had two beers and said OK, why not! As I was posing for this picture, which seemed like he was taking forever to take, I said, hurry uppppppp!! This thing was quivering all over the place and I will never, ever do that again! This was not a bright idea!

6 comments:

CDGardens said...

OH MY Goodness! I wouldn't have been brave enough to get that close to a rattle snake even if it was dead.

Glad everything turned out alright.

Anonymous said...

There is no way you would have ever gotten me to do that. There's not enough beer in the world!

Marian Ann Love said...

Well, it only took two...I better let that be the limit, don't you think?

No one said...

That's a fun picture! I just figured out how you are linking words within your story to different websites - I think that is such a cool idea!

Marian Ann Love said...

The more you link the more exposure you will get! That's a good thing! :)

Othmar Vohringer said...

I thought, “What the heck is Marian wearing around the neck?” Then I had to click on the image to enlarge it. Next thing I knew I spilled my coffee all over the keyboard as I jumped up from the desk. You see snakes and me don’t go on very well with each other. On pictures, dead or alive these critters freak me out. The only way I like them is slowly barbequed of a mesquite fire.

You’re a brave women Marian.

-Othmar Vohringer-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...