A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, August 02, 2007

A Somber Day!

My Godmother, Mrs. Marie Davis, died this past Monday at Madison Parish Hospital in Tallulah, LA and was buried today here in Vicksburg. They had a Mass for her at St. Paul's Catholic Church, which I attended. She was a dear, dear lady. Would you believed she had dated my Dad before he married my Mom and she ended up being my Godmother? She was 88 years old and graduated from St. Francis Xavier Academy in 1937 the same school I had attended. She leaves one daughter, one son, (who I babysat when they were young), four grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. She will be missed. May she rest in peace!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My condolences on your loss.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thank you Kristine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...