A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, August 30, 2007

HWY 465

Recently, the Vicksburg Post had a whole page spread of rural mailboxes on the outskirts of Vicksburg. I was fascinated by that! When we were coming out of a side road, I saw in front of me these mailboxes, so I decided to take a picture of them. I sent both pictures to the Post yesterday to see if they will be chosen for paper. The Vicksburg Post will accept for publication photos submitted by its readers and is normally posted in the Classified section of the paper. I have been lucky to have had two posted already. Charming, Just Charming!

A couple of picture that I took on the way home from spending an afternoon at Tara Wildlife in the great outdoors this past Sunday. I have always enjoyed seeing rolls of hay in an opened field. I took a moment to stop on the road to capture this pretty scene with Eagle Lake in the background. In this same vicinity you also have Chotard Landing Resort for sportsmen of hunting, boating, and fishing. This is a sweetthing!

2 comments:

JDP said...

Great photos. The mailbox picture reminds me of the time my wife lost control of her new camaro and took out a whole row of them on the side of the road. She and our young son were unhurt but the car was a total loss.

JDP

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks for the compliment jdp and for coming by. So glad your wife and son were not hurt. They were lucky!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...