A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

On The Deer Stand!

Bob coming to get me after a morning hunt in the backwoods to go to the camp to eat lunch. Another hunter is also coming out.

While hunting, riders would come by and check on us to see if we had seen a deer or if they heard us shoot, would come to see if we needed help in either finding the deer or getting it loaded up. This was the hunting life!

This is the view off of Bob's stand (Triple X) on the north end of Brown's Point Hunting Club. Looks like a good cold foggy morning to hunt smart!
Greg, my step-son and I hunting off a deer stand. When I started hunting down at Jasper Bottom Hunting Club, our clubs president's wife, Margie (a lady deer hunter), wore a hat like this. I wanted to be just like her and went out and bought me one. Charming, Just Charming! I still have this hat after 22 years of hunting. I hope one day my daughter would be proud enough to wear my hat. It would be a sweetthing!

3 comments:

Editor said...

I am expecting to see that hat this fall.

Marian Ann Love said...

You got it! :)

steel buildings said...

Oh!
What pics. I really like that.and want to come on that again and again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...