A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, April 15, 2011

Battle Of The Barge

Finally, after 22 days of being stuck on the I-20 bridge span, a partially sunken soybean barge was broken free this past Wednesday, clearing the waterways. It was a 90- to 100-foot section of the barge that was pulled by cranes and taken across the river to the west bank just south of the bridge.

The soybean-laden barge lodged next to the pier on March 23 after 30 south bound barges, driven by a swollen MS River, broke loose from the Marquette Transportation tow and scattered, some hitting the U.S. 80 bridge, some hitting the I-20 bridge and some floating south of the city to near LeTournau landing before being rounded up.

My husband and I were there on Wednesday morning around 11:00 a.m. taking pictures to post on my blog and by 1:35 p.m. it was accomplished.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...