A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, January 21, 2008

Annette's Hog Kill

I recently met Annette on MySpace. She's originally from Westwego, LA and has lived in Mississippi for 19 years now. She resides in Popularville, Mississippi and loves to fish and deer hunt. She was coming to the Vicksburg area to hunt, but a good friend's son had passed away and the fact that the rifle season was so close to the end, she and her family decided not to come. She wrote me later on my MySpace and told me that she had harvested a hog on Tuesday, January 15, 2008. (Camera showing the wrong date). This is her story in her own words.

I was hunting in a food plot near the Wolf River behind a ground blind waiting for a deer to come out, but instead a hog appeared at about 70 yards. I sat there for a bit and got to thinking, oh well, I guess the deer won't come out, so I decided to pick up my gun and put it on my shooter stick and look at it through the scope and pulled the trigger. When I pulled the trigger, I kept looking through my scope when the bullet hit the hog. The hog jumped with a one big squeal! Afterwards he jumped five to six more times cutting flips every which way. It was so funny because I actually sat there and watched it through my scope. All I could do was laugh and after all the flipping and jumping he finally laid down to die. I sat there for 30 minutes and waited. I decided to get out of my blind to go check it out. A doe was in the field but could not see through my scope because it was getting dark. When I walked up to the hog I couldn't believe how big it was and started dragging it. It felt like it weighed around 160 pounds, but when we put it on the scales it weighed 125 pounds. We took it home and skinned, clean and packed it and put it in the freezer to cook later. It actually tasted very good when I cook it. Charming, Just Charming!

2 comments:

GUYK said...

I had rather have that wild hawg in the freezer than Bambi..better eating.

Anonymous said...

Mmm... fresh pork!

Nice work to Annette.

I need to go hog hunting soon!

Oh, and thanks for the link.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...