A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Kathy and I Went Hunting

Hey Rex, this one's for you - I could not help it - had to stop and take a picture of a cow!
I'm cow blogging again! Took several so will save them for tomorrow.


On our way home we ran into a flock of black birds flying across the road. We stopped to take some pictures. The fields to the left and right was full of birds.

Kathy took a picture of me for our memories!

Kathy telling me what she saw. A doe and yearling feeding and waited for the big buck to come from behind, but never showed up! This was all she saw and that was around 8:00 this morning. At least we both saw deer moving with the warm weather we are having.

At 8:00 (at the end of the road) I had a doe to step out and had her in my scope and saw another deer behind her and waited. It was a scraggly 4-point buck! The big one never walked out! Good to see deer moving this morning with a cold front headed our way this afternoon.

My stand (F6) that I was on this morning.

Around 7:20 I had a 4 point buck come from the right and cross the road and went back into the woods to the left. A nice buck! I had my back to him and when I turned around he was headed east.

This morning my daughter Kathy and I took off about 5:15 and went hunting at Jasper Bottom Hunting Club in Claiborne County. We were the only ones at the deer camp. I took her to F4 and I went to F6. Years ago this was a wide opened soybean field and within the last 15 years, trees have been planted. It has grown up so thick now. At one time you could see the stands at each corner of the opened field.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good picture of you Marian. It is also great to see a mother and a daughter going hunting. Very cool.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks for the kind words Kristine. Kathy is my only daughter who has an interest in hunting and she is a very good one! She only has two days off a week and we have made plans to go back tomorrow evening and try again. She wants to switch stands and hopefully she will harvest a deer. :)

Anonymous said...

It's going to be cold tomorrow! And yes, that is a great picture of you!!

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks Tricia...weather should be just right for hunting! :)

SimplyOutdoors said...

That is awesome that you and your daughter are getting out there and trying to get yourselves deer.

I wish good luck to both of you.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks for coming by simplyoutdoors...I feel very lucky to have a daughter that loves to hunt! :)

JDP said...

Looks like a great place to hunt.

JDP

Marian Ann Love said...

It is jdp....this is where I harvested my first deer a 6 pt. Proud to say that I am a member of this camp and have enjoyed hunting the area for 22 years now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...