A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

My First Doe Harvest!

Rex and I with my 135 lb. doe. A proud moment for both of us!

Trigger checking out my doe before it was weighed.

This is looking to the right of the stand where we walked in.

The afternoon of December 30, Paul (Rex's brother) and his son Michael took me to the back side of the Christmas Place Hunting Club and put me on a stand called the East Gate Stand. Around 5:15 a doe came out from the left side of the field and fed. I watched her for about 5 minutes and soon a smaller deer walked out from the left side also. I decided to shoot the bigger doe and as I shot, she took off running to the right side of the field. I waited for Paul and Michael to come back to my stand and we all went together to look for my deer. The doe left a wide blood trail, but had gone down a deep ravine. We had to go back to the camp to get help. Rex, Paul, Trent, Michael and Josh took off to help pull my deer out of the woods. It was my first deer harvest of the season and a memorable evening I will never forget. Again, my thanks to Rex and his family for inviting Bob and I to hunt at their camp on the edge of the Mississippi Delta in the great outdoors! Charming, Just Charming!

8 comments:

Bright Idea Outdoors said...

Congratulations!

JDP said...

Way to go Marian, I bet that doe will be some good eating.

JDP

Editor said...

great pics and we really enjoyed your company!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like big fun, Marian! Congrats on the harvest.

It appears that following Rex around was not the winning strategy this year... hope he does better with hogs. :-D

The Hunter's Wife said...

Sounds like an exciting time. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Marian. Congratulations.

GUYK said...

Good for you! Back when I was a deer hunter I always looked for the dry doe..better eating I think..

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks for all your kind words. I had the time of my life! A beautiful place to hunt and great friends to be with...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...