A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, January 07, 2008

The Box Stand

It was awesome to look up and see thousands of geese flying overhead. It was a great way to start the New Year in the great outdoors and being a guest at the famous Christmas Place Plantation and Hunting Club. This was a sweetthing!
About the same time 4 does came out into the field to the far right and hung around for about 30 minutes. They kept looking back and I was waiting for the big buck to walk out any minute!

This was one of my favorite stands that Rex put me on early New Year's day morning. It was a very comfortable stand and the morning was cold and crisp. In the field here I saw a doe come from the right close to the stand and walked almost the length of the field and turned back into the woods to the left.

4 comments:

JDP said...

I love the sound of geese flying overhead. It is music in it's most elemental form. It stirs the soul. If you enlarge the photo you can see the early morning sun reflecting off of the geese. Beautiful!

JDP

Marian Ann Love said...

Would you believe I had them to fly even lower and decided to grab my camera at the last minute. As you said, the early morning sun was reflecting off of the geese. It was a very inspiring moment.

SimplyOutdoors said...

I love watching and listening to the geese flying over this time of year and to have them flying over while I'm sitting in a stand hunting. Even better:)

CDGardens said...

It is fun to watch those big birds going over. On one of the days during the second shotgun season here,
the high wind pushed them your direction. They just seemed to float by. I
didn't dare look up in case they decided to leave a calling card. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...